Telephone interviewing is an effective method to:
• Reach a large number of people in a short time-frame
• Obtain a broad sample
• Facilitate additional probing by interviewers
It is also particularly effective for conducting unaided/aided awareness studies.
Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing
Whether telephoning a random or selected sample of respondents, Focus Worldwide uses Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI) to administer surveys.
CATI is a research tool that enables quota control and monitoring, and produces higher quality data. The system initially randomly selects the individuals to be surveyed and then automatically schedules and reminds interviewers of callbacks. Every telephone interview conforms to the same standards.
• CATI permits probing for verbatims on any question, minimizes non-response bias and self-selection bias, and always prompts the interviewer to ask the correct question (based on the previous answer given).
• Information from questions can be inserted into later questions to personalize the interview and produce more accurate and richer data. The system helps interviewers build a rapport with respondents and obtain higher cooperation. Lastly, because responses are immediately logged electronically, quotas and top line results can be checked instantly.
• Other features include randomizing individual or sets of questions and long lists of ratings. Price points for concepts can also be presented randomly.
Web surveys have become a viable and cost effective method for reaching potential respondents for survey projects, especially if they are clients/customers of a company, employees, or members of an organization.
Respondents are invited to participate in web-based surveys via an e-mail message or upon visiting a website. Web surveys can be password protected or not.
This method is a very efficient way of reaching a large population in a short time frame. In addition, follow-up e-mail reminders are a cost-effective way to increase participation.
At Focus Worldwide, all of our online research work (programming, email broadcasting, and web hosting), is managed in-house.
And all our web surveys include:
• A rich set of features
• Many navigational enhancements
• A fully customizable look and feel
Mailing surveys is an effective way to reach potential respondents.
With this method, questionnaires are mailed to a random or selected sample of a population with the goal of receiving back a high percentage of completed surveys.
Typically, this method is less expensive than telephone surveys. To improve response rates, Focus Worldwide uses incentives, reminders, and postage-paid business reply envelopes, among other tools.
Onsite surveys are used effectively at trade shows, conferences, and other venues where you have enough respondent traffic to provide you with the feedback you are looking for. We can administer these types of interviews in a way that traditional paper and pencil fall short.
Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing
Focus Worldwide utilizes Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing (CAPI) to administer onsite surveys.
CAPI is a research tool that utilizes stand-alone laptops. Surveys can either be conducted one-on-one by a professional interviewer, or be self-administered.
CAPI probes for open-ended questions, minimizes non-response bias, and always prompts the respondent with the correct question (based on the previous answer given).
Plus, information from questions can be inserted into later questions to personalize the interview and produce more accurate and richer data. Because responses are immediately logged electronically, quotas and top-line results can be checked instantly.
Focus Worldwide provides a custom Field and Tab (data collection) service for clients who primarily need data collection and data processing assistance. A typical Field and Tab project has the following stages:
1. Survey & Sample: A client delivers the sample (or sampling requirements) and survey (draft or completed).
2. Prepare for Data Collection: We finalize the materials and prepare the sample (obtained or provided) for data collection.
3. Data Collection: We manage all data collection (telephone, web, or mail) keeping our clients informed with regular updates.
4. Data Processing: Once we’ve reached the required quotas, we process the data for analysis (code, enter open-end codes, clean the data set). We develop and deliver a full set of response frequencies and cross-tabulations to your specifications.
5. Ongoing Support: We’re available for ongoing support (additional analysis, reporting, or interpretation).
So, for projects where you need just a little bit of market research consulting with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy, Focus Worldwide is here for you.
Data entry services provide assistance with the time consuming process of entering paper-based research responses into an electronic format.
Our standards for data entry are as high as they get. For each response you receive, we hand code open-ended questions and double-enter all of the data.
Our double-entry method delivers 100% verification, so you can be sure that the data is error-free. And error-free data is the foundation of reliable and valid research that you can have confidence in applying to decision making.
Focus Worldwide can provide you with a data file in whatever format you like – SPSS, Excel, ASCII, etc.